Books about John Dowland and his music
|Peter Holman Dowland, Lachrimae (1604) (Cambridge Music Handbooks)|
Cambridge University Press, 1999-11-13; ISBN 0521588294; 120 pages
Dowland's famous Lachrimae (1604) is the earliest collection of instrumental music generally known to nonspecialists, yet it has never been studied in detail before. Among other things, this comprehensive guide investigates its publication history, its place in the development of Renaissance dance music, the significance of its writing for particular stringed instruments, and the possible connections between the famous cycle of "Lachrimae" pavans and Elizabethan conceptions of melancholy. Price indication: $ 25.32
|Diana Poulton John Dowland|
Univ of California Pr, 1982; ISBN 0520046498 Price indication: $ 89.99
|Pilkington Campion and Dowland (English Solo Song - Guides to the Repertoire)|
Thames Publishing, ; ISBN 0905210905; 189 pages Price indication: $ 12.15
|JAMES GORDON SMITH John Dowland, A Reappraisal of His Ayres|
University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign, 1973-01-01 Price indication: $ 35.00
Sheet music, libretti, etc.Complete Lute Songs of John Dowland
- Mel Bay Pubns Fifty Songs Selected From the Works of John Dowland, High Voice, Low Voice
- No publisherJOHN DOWLAND IN TABLATURE: 40 SOLOS FOR GUITAR (Bill's Music Shelf)
- Mel Bay Publications, Inc. John Dowland's Lute Songs : Third and Fourth Books with Original Tablature
- Dover Publications Lute Songs of John Dowland: The Original First and Second Books Including Dowland's Original Lute Tablature : Transcribed for Voice and Guitar
- Dover Publications The Collected Lute Music of John Dowland
- Faber & Faber
Our dream: to make the world's treasury of classical music accessible for everyone.
Help us with donations or by making music available!
Looking for classical mp3 downloads? We index the free-to-download classical mp3s on the internet.
©2016 Classic Cat - the classical mp3 and video directory. All rights reserved.